Only four A-24s are known to survive today.
The city of Portland and Multnomah County, Oregon operated a pair of A-24s for many years as spray aircraft to combat mosquitoes. The two A-24s were based at the Troutdale airport, where they were maintained by E. A. Fletcher of Aero Flite, Inc. One of Portland's A-24s (an A, civilian registry N9142H and ex-military serial number of 42-60817) was acquired by the Navy and was sent to the Naval Aviation Museum at Pensacola, Florida, where it received a 1941-42 color scheme and markings. Portland's other A-24 (a B, civilian registry N4488N, ex military serial of 42-54582) was released in 1970 and was sold to John and Barrett Tillman for restoration. It was sold to Douglas Champlin of Oklahoma in the spring of 1974. Since March of 1975, it has been a part of the collection of the Marine Corps Museum at Quantico, Virginia. It was restored as an SBD-5 and is airworthy as N17421.
A-24B 42-54532 is still airworthy with the Confederate Air Force, flying under the civilian registry of N45432 and marked as an SBD.
An ex-Mexican A-24B (42-54682, N74133) was originally part of the Tallmantz Aviation collection, but was purchased by a private party when the Tallmantz collection was auctioned off in 1968. In 1972, it was acquired by the Admiral Nimitz center of Fredericksburg, Texas, where it is now on display configured as an SBD-3.
There is only one genuine SBD still in existence. It is SBD-6 BuNo
54605, and is on display at the National Air and Space Museum in